Saturday, June 19, 2010

Learning from Jon

I walked a dog for the first time in my life. I have never had any pet before. This dog (Jon) is my home-stay mother's pet. He is a 16-year-old dog who has taught me a lot today. He helped me with putting collar on him by lowering his head. He waited patiently as I linked the straps and turned off the light before our walk. He confirmed what I have seen on TV and heard- marking his territories all over the place. The only thing he did not help me with was picking up his "digested leftover food." I thought I would pick up/clean my children's before a pet's. Furthermore, Jon decided to do it twice, and on the road instead of on the sidewalk. Luckily not many cars were around us when he did that.

While we were taking the walk, I remembered what someone once said, "It is not the person who is walking the dog, but the dog who is walking the person." Jon led me the whole time, except when I had to pull him back to prevent him from getting run over by cars. He was also the one who decided when we would come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment