Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When Real Life intersects with the movie, Dear Dr.

While watching the Japanese movie, Dear Dr., a medical "emergency" happened in the classroom. Right after the scene where the doctor inserted two needle tubes into a patient who could not breath, someone in the classroom dropped flatly onto the floor. As everyone gathered around the student, I ran out to get the teachers. When I returned to the classroom with three teachers, the student was still laying on the floor. One teacher thought the student fell asleep, or that the changing/flashing lights from the movie had made him faint. The student replied, "I was not asleep" and "This is my first time." He asked other students to help him get up, and then left the classroom with the teachers.

It was not until after they left the room that I noticed my heart was pounding loudly. I recalled my first reaction as, "Did something happen to his brain? His heart? Is he going to die soon?" He dropped to the floor right after the critical scene from the movie. It was the climax of the movie, when the doctor was making a critical decision to save the man's life.

1 comment:

  1. That's so crazy! Hope whomever it was is ok now...

    ReplyDelete