Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ikebana


My Ikebana at the Receptionist desk.

Most of us in the program had our Ikebana lesson today (Aug. 5). Ikebana literally means "the way of flowers." It is flower arrangement. I thought my Ikebana looks funny until toward the end, I think I got used to how it looks. The instructor did not make much adjustments to my Ikebana, she said it was pretty. For most other people, she made more adjustments. I wonder if my pot was actually good or if she did not want to help me as much. I requested her help but she kept on going to other people without their request. Thus she did not come around until the very end, after a staff asked her for me.

We had to do a lottery drawing to decide where to put our vases. I ended up in the receptionist desk. Yes, it means everyone, including non-program participants such as guests can all see my Ikebana...

No comments:

Post a Comment