Monday, August 10, 2009

My Tennis Partner

Soo from Korea, first my badminton then my tennis partner, is leaving tomorrow morning (Aug. 11), one day before other people in the two month program leave. We played our last game today. It was very fun, and we stopped playing because I killed a mosquito after killing him unintentionally, and had to go wash off the blood on my leg. I got some mosquito bites today, and they are very itchy.

Soo gave me a present, a memo/notebook from her work, The Academy of Korean Studies, in which there is a nice bookmark and Soo's kind words to me. I was so touched! I had nothing to give her except my thanks and photos. We say that since we both want to go to Korea and Taiwan that perhaps we can meet up at some point in the future and take the trip together. I hope to make it come true! Soo has been my classmate in the comprehensive/integrated Japanese and kanji classes. She has always been very quiet but always has interesting ideas. I really like her and hope to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment