Monday, August 10, 2009

Chinese dumplings

Toki and Yu invited a few of us to their dumpling making session on Saturday, Aug. 8. I got there at 6pm when they were still make dumplings, so I helped out. Everyone said it was good, but I actually think my (my family or the Taiwanese family recipe) dumplings taste (way) better than theirs. Perhaps it is because I am used to a certain taste, but theirs did not have that type of flavor. We can do nothing about the dumpling wraps if we buy the cheapest one, but we can definitely control the flavoring in the stuffing. Nevertheless, I ate a lot.

The dumpling party was fun as we (women) all ended up making fun of Liang because of his obsession with anime, manga, and American superhero movies, and trying to help Liang (the only male present) with getting a girlfriend. I had lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me - I want to make that one really good soup that you used to make. I don't remember what flavors go it in, but it had celery. We had that sometimes at your parents house along with dumplings. It was all so good!

    ReplyDelete