Friday, July 10, 2009

Kansai Institute's Library

I got my first four books ordered from ILL (Interlibrary Loan) on Wednesday, July 8. The librarian allowed me to check out two books, but I had to read the other two inside the library. One document was from the 1930s, and the other one was from the early 1950s.

Today I returned to the library and checked out another book. I had to browse through five or six other books/sources inside the library. Following Yu and Carla's idea, I photographed pages that I think I need. With my Japanese level right now, I cannot read through them quick or without a dictionary. Also I did not, and will not have enough time to read carefully in the library.

My problem now is to learn how to convert JPEG files into DOC. or PDF.

Everyone feels the same, that we are exhausted from the all-day language courses that we do not have the energy, even when we have time, to do research. I am going to try to see what I can do. I actually did more source searching on Wednesday night, the night before our Kyoto trip yesterday (Thursday).

No comments:

Post a Comment