Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Treadmill

I exercised for the first time since arriving in Japan. I used the treadmill in the Institute's small gym. Since I have not had much experience with treadmills, I did not know how to operate it properly until five minutes after I begun. I only jogged/ran for 20 minutes, but at around the 10 or 15 minute mark, I felt my heart (straining) a bit. That is how I know my body was actually exercising. I plan to do it for 30 minutes tomorrow, but go faster each day (not indefinitely of course) until I feel like adding the time by another 10-minute increment. Perhaps eventually I would jog outside the Institute, by the ocean where it is beautiful.

I decided to begin exercising because my body has began to feel bad, especially my lower back. I hope exercises will help. Also, while still in the U.S., I had told myself to exercise in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment