Friday, July 3, 2009

Unexpected Karaoke

The singing bug in me desired to karaoke yesterday (July 2). Since I thought most people would be at Lindsey's birthday dinner, I reserved the space thinking that I would karaoke by myself. During dinner time, I saw Su and invited her. Then Miyuki and Anna sat down and had dinner with us, so I invited them also. In the end, we all went into the karaoke room. Rony came in within 30 minutes after we started.

Anna said it was her first time in a karaoke "box" and did not sing at all. Miyuki sang three or four songs and only left 30 minutes before we finished. Su and I basically took turn singing. We sang roughly from 7pm to 9pm. This was the most I had ever sang in one setting, and I felt my throat was getting hurt. I wonder how professional singers (actual ones, not fake ones) perform at their concerts.

Su is a very quiet person, but I am most happy that she did not hesitate to sing as often as I did. I want to be better friends with her. I get a good vibe from her. She is in my grammar and Kanji classes. I sometimes ask her for help.

I was excited to find Sailor Moon songs! I just typed in three titles of the songs and they appeared! They were easiest to sing compare to the Japanese, English, Taiwanese, and Chinese Mandarin songs I did. I had so much fun!

Note: Su and Miyuki are Korean women; Anna is a Romanian woman; and Rony is a Bangladesh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment