Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Akihabara

I ended up spending 3.5 hours at Akihabara, in which I was lost for probably 30 minutes. Akihabara truly lives up to its reputation as the electronics town. The electronics stores are all over town. Besides electronics, many manga-anime-related stores also exist. To my surprise, I found myself sort of fitting into the place because I like anime (even though I am only following two at this point and have no plan to start to follow any new ones). I saw the coolest anime merchandize ever- the manga/anime Bleach`s character, Urahara`s hat! After I told Jason, he and I really wished I had bought it. Unless something brings me back there before I leave Tokyo this Sunday, I do not plan to spend train fares just to buy the hat.

Highlights:
* The town is mostly men in their teens and twenties, but also older than that. I have finally met otaku.
* You can build your own ideal female figurine by not only buying her clothes but her body parts also.
* You can put as many coins as many times as possible in at least hundreds of vending machines that sell anime-Tokyo related toys/keychains/cell phone straps.
* You can get many electronics for cheap here.
* A guy I do not know hugged me from behind (like a lover`s hug). Luckily I had my (big) backpack on and so I felt the least impact possible. He probably mistakened me for his girlfriend who was standing next to me.
* Anime-lovers must come to this place. You can find cool merchandize like I did (but did not buy).
*Second-hand electronics and toys are also for sale.
* After a while every electronics store looks the same... So were the anime stores...

No comments:

Post a Comment