Wednesday, November 4, 2009

School uniforms

Mariana from my program once said to me that `because the skirt is short, they must be high schoolers.` Ever since then, whenever I see students in uniforms, I try to figure out if they are junior high or high schoolers. I think the length of the skirt is fairely accurate. Junior high schoolers have skirts below their knees while high schoolers have skirts above their kness (some are really short, like mini-skirts).

For boys, junior high schoolers tend to have the all-buttoned-up one-piece top (dark blue or black) while high schoolers tend to have suit-like clothes with ties (girls would have bows instead, and skirts intead of pants).

Perhaps wearing uniforms, especially suit-sytle ones, is the training for future professional dress code. If they can get used to it at a young age, they would not mind wearing them for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment