Sunday, November 1, 2009

Zoo, a Sad Place

I cannot look at zoos the same way anymore... I visited the third-most-famous zoo in Japan, Tennoji Zoo in Osaka, last Sunday, October 25. It was a great zoo with many different animals from all over the globe. I really enjoyed the place, including seeing many parents with their children there. Young couples and older women friends were also there.

Whenever I could tell, I swore that the animals were all sad. They all looked so lonely, as many of them live alone in the cage. There was one especially sad-looking primate, whose hands held onto the bars, and stared at us. I felt like crying, but I stared at him for a long time too...

I don`t think I can go to a zoo again unless I take my kids there for their sake. I much prefer to find animals in their natural habitat. It is much more fun that way also, to understand where they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment