Monday, November 9, 2009

Belated Birthday Entry

Saikat and I hosted a birthday party together, having the same birthday, with him one year younger than I. We had it on the Friday before our birthday so our teachers could attend also. We invited our conversation partners' organization, and 11 of them registered while others also came.

It was a very big party, with at least 45 people attending. I scheduled food, a short game of charade, and then karaoke. Everyone said they had fun. I was just tired because I was running around taking care of people, and thus did not know if I could call myself relaxing. But it was so great seeing everyone's smile.

Unexpectedly (really), I got presents from many people, and everyone except for one person in my 15-people program. I was pleasantly surprised because I honestly just wanted to have this opportunity to have friends and teachers taste Taiwanese and American foods, and Saikat's Indian food also. I felt embarrassed to receive presents. But I definitely felt everyone's love and joy. I thank them.

I made too much foods, and ended up having to throw away some of the Taiwanese sushi the next day after we could not finish them. We also got together one more time when Saikat made Indian curry and Miyuki made Korean kimchi soup. But we had to throw away most of the white rice. I also threw away some fruit salad. I really hate to throw away foods.

Happy belated birthday to all my family and friends! I am sorry that I did not message or email you but you are in my thoughts, your birthday or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment