Sunday, November 1, 2009

Japanese kids and Baseball

When I first got to Yokohama today, I walked to the park where games were taking place. I think all kids are elementary, maybe early junior high. They already have stronger arms than I do and can throw the balls really far and strong. I am impressed with their skills. I thought how everything really start when kids are young.

I also thought about how true Japanese say it costs a lot of money to raise kids. If a kid participate in baseball team activity at a young age, they have to buy all the equipment (uniform, socks, shoes, bags, cap, etc.) and probably pay some fees from then until they quit the activity. This is just one thing that costs money for Japanese parents.

Still, I see more kids in Japan than I thought. But I must say so far I see way more kids in the Kansai (west) area than the Kanto (east) area.

No comments:

Post a Comment