Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shinjuku, Okubo, Shibuya, Meiji Shrine, Harajuku

I was in Shinjuku for two hours with Colin on Thursday, Oct. 30. I then remember that it was the place I went to with Jason last year. The place I did not like because the big TV screen flashed at me right after we got off the train station last year. I am okay with it this time though.

Shinjuku has people from all age-groups and seems to have all types of shops everywhere. I was too tired to walk around though.

Okubo, where I stayed in the hotel, is a Korean area. It means you can eat Korean foods and buy Korean goods here. I only walked a bit near my hotel because I was too tired after doing research all day in Waseda University (6 hours the first day, then 10 hours the next day).

I wondered around in Shibuya for a bit, not knowing where I was going. This is supposed to be where young people hangout, and I guess it is true because I saw more young people than elsewhere. Shops also to be hip and expensive.

From Shibuya, I ended up in Meiji Shrine walkway, which have super-expensive shops! Armani, Gucci, etc.

I decided to walk to the Meiji Shrine, but stopped because my legs were too tired/hurt from the all-day walking. Instead, I end up in the Harajuku area, which has cheap shops. The stores also to be on the younger and hip side.

I saw the most foreigners in Tokyo compare to other parts of Japan. Yes, not even in Osaka or Kyoto are this many foreigners present.

1 comment:

  1. shibuya to meiji shrine? that's far. I hope you didn't hurt your legs too much, it is really far. But glad that you're enjoying most of tokyo.

    have a nice day.
    tokyo wanderer

    ReplyDelete