Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bathroom-less, Internet-less Hotel

In a hurry, I booked a bathroom-less and internet-less hotel in the Okubo area to stay at while conducting research at Waseda University for the last two nights. Besides that, the hotel`s proximity to the train station (literally right next to the train track), and the slight tobacco smell, the room was actually nice. I reserved a Japanese style room, which means I got to sleep on comfortable futon (and interesting pillow) on tatami mats. It was fun sitting on tatami eating my dinners, and wearing yukata (Japanese bathrope) after taking a bath. The hotel has two bathrooms. The manager let me use the bigger one the first night, and the bathtube was heart-shaped. The second night I used the much smaller bathroom, it is the standard size if you have ever seen one (similar to Taiwan`s size).

No comments:

Post a Comment