Thursday, June 18, 2009

En Route to Osaka

Recaps for before June 15th
Friday, June 12th- full day
- Jason had his major dental procedure.
- I processed some travel grant application for the Graduate Student Association.
- I attended Shelly Chan's graduation, my senpai (aka the person comes before me who learns under the same teacher) after her six years as a Ph.D. student. My ever-awesome adviser Gail Hershatter sponsored a wonderful party at her house afterwards.

Saturday, June 13th
- I drove from Santa Cruz to Los Angeles with only two toilet breaks (unusualy for me).
- Jason and I too off the 'tainted window thing' on our car front windows (I got a citation) and went to the Glendale police station only to be told they were not authorized to sign off on the form.
- Jason and I took my sister to Glendale Galleria to buy See's Candies for my host family in Japan; my sister bought a gift for her friend at Target.
- My mom talked to me until 2am, I was exhausted beyond words.

Sunday, June 14th
- (Early) Celebration of my father's 60th birthday.

June 14-June 16th, 2009 (from Pacific Standard Time to Japan's timezone)

I finally arrived at the airport at 11pm on June 14th for departure to Osaka at 1:15am. The line was long. I thought I wasn't going to make it.

For the first time, I felt very old because my knees and legs hurt while I was sleeping on the plane. Meals were acceptable, but the cup of noodle was the highlight, although I "stole" it from an old man. What happened was I asked for one, but this flight attendant told me that were going to eat breakfast in 10 minutes. It must had been over 15 minutes when I saw my flight attendant serving three cup noodles to others. After she told me there was none left, I simply told her what I was told earlier by another flight attendant. What did she do? She took the noodle from the last person she served to give to me.

Flight was about 13.5 hours from LA to Taipei. After a 2.5 hours wait, I hopped on the plane to Osaka. It took 2.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment