Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rinku Town

This Rinku Town is what I would call a small town, with some agricultural areas, residential area, temples and shrines within residential areas, small shops, supermarkets and a few bigger stores as well as shopping malls. I see many children around the town almost every time I go out. Rinku Town is located at the southernmost area of Osaka Prefecture.

I like this town because it is by the ocean and the bridge. Too bad I do not cook, otherwise I can buy and cook fresh seafood all the time. The view outside my window is always so beautiful to look at any time in the day and night. The town has at least two hyakuyen shops ("hyakuyen" means 100 yen, which is similar to U.S.'s 99 cents store). The residences are not too close to each other, and there are not many tall buildings (at the most probably six or seven, except for the Kansai Institute with 18 floors).

While we the six-month program participants walked to sign for alien registration today, Japanese students from all ages were walking back to their homes. Some (elementary boys) greeted us, well, they seemed to target the non-East-Asian looking participants.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we were going into an apartment in Taiwan and a little girl, maybe 6 pointed me out to her mother as an American.

    ReplyDelete