Thursday, June 25, 2009

Television

I watched one full episode of Pokemon on Monday, June 22. I am so used to English names that I felt too weird to hear "real Japanese" names for the characters.

I came across this Korean drama, "The King and I." I started to watch it because it took place during the kingdom period, and I wanted to learn more about Korean culture and their clothes. I was not sure if the show was every weekday or not, and thus missed it on Tuesday. I happened to see it yesterday, Wednesday, from 7:30pm to 10pm. Yes, you know it means I did not study much as a consequence.

The show has original Korean sounds with Japanese subtitles. This means I am probably going to learn a few Korean words, while reading the subtitles fast (knowing the kanji really helps).

Today I began to watch it at around 7pm (not sure when it starts because it was already in progress when I turned on the TV). I am not sure if it will go on for a long time again. I am trying to do some homework and studying in between. I have an important oral test tomorrow.

I hope to watch this Korean show when I return to the state or so. I missed the first 20 episodes or so and I do not know if the show will end by the time I return to the U.S.

I want to watch Japanese drama and shows, but I do not know when they are on...

No comments:

Post a Comment