Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rain, Sleep, Studying

Last night, rain and strong wind passed through Osaka, the first time since my arrival. As I looked out my window at the ocean, harbor, city, and the bridge over the ocean and listened to the sound of the wind, the lights and rain drops created a out-of-the-body experience. I felt as if I was a movie character in a hotel room, lonely and lost, looking out the window and pondering about my life.

The rain is supposed to come all week, but it has not yet arrived today.

Also for the first time since arriving in Osaka, I got a "normal" sleep. I felt the same waking up as in the U.S. I would like to think the sound of the rain helped, but I could barely hear it. I love listening to the sound of rain as I sleep.

I was not motivated after class yesterday to do my homework or study. I forced myself to complete the homework last night. Today is much better- I finished my homework already. I plan to study (i.e. studying for new grammar and making flash cards for new vocabulary) either after posting here or after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment