Thursday, June 18, 2009

Orientation Day

Crazy day today~ the most Japanese exposure ever in my life! It will be this way until I leave on December 16th this year.

Orientation was long but okay. The placement test came as a surprise to me- I did not know! I knew I was not good, but I now think I am worse. I probably scored a 80% on the grammar part, followed by the listening section, then the reading/writing section, but the kanji (Chinese characters) section was by far the worst test I had ever taken (except for my first science quiz in sixth grade within one week after I started school in the U.S.). I estimate a 20% or below grade.

After dinner, I dragged Chan and Carla to karaoke- Yu was supposed to come back but she never did. Yes, the Institute has a karaoke room, equipped with Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, and other foreign language songs! The Chinese section includes Taiwanese songs. I am not sure if Cantonese songs are in there. I sang two Japanese, two Chinese, and two English songs. Three more people joined us (now my friends too?)- we had lots of fun. I imagine myself visiting this room often during my time here. :)

Efficiency of my program= High
Proof: We completed the ATM card application in the morning (10am or so), and received the bank card by 4:30pm, same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment