Monday, June 29, 2009

Magokoro


Saigoto, Anya from Poland, and I went with the birthday lady Mai (Maria) from Spain to Magokoro, a Japanese grill-and-bar place on Saturday night, June 27, at 9:30pm. We biked there in the dark. My bike light never came on.

We talked a lot, none about our program. Anya asked me a lot about Jason and some about Taiwan. We all talked about marriage and kids (plans or lack of). We had fun.

The only downside was how much I paid for the celebration. I had apple juice and three small sticks of yakitori (yaki=grill, tori=bird, chicken). My order should have costed 700 yen and maybe plus tax, but I ended up paying 1600 yen. We split four-way and some people had two beers and order more food than I. Since I have no idea what the cultural practice of payment is in India, Poland and Spain, I did not say anything.

I realize that I should be asking people about their country of origin, and not always center the conversation on the program.

I ate the first raw egg in my life. I do not think I will desire to eat it again. I only ate it because I am poor, and it was included in the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment